Canyon Crest Academy
Science Department Courses
Important information about Course Selection:
- Please read course descriptions and expectations carefully before selecting a course.
- Some courses fill up fast, be sure to get your registration paperwork in on time in order to get your classes. Adding courses even a few days late at the start of the quarter puts you very behind, so please select courses carefully.
- Select courses based on appropriate level, interest, future goals.
- Use the Math Assessment on cousre profile page to determine if you have the math skills to be ready for chemistry
- Talk with your science teacher about suggestions.
- Make a 4 year plan - use the flow chart below to guide you
Check out the COURSE PROFILES on the Counseling Website
Earth and Space
Anatomy and Physiology Spring Only
AP Biology Fall Only
AP Environmental Science Spring Only
AP Chemistry Spring Only, enrollment in chemistry in the fall the same year is highly recommended
AP Physics 1 Fall Only, it is highly recommended to also enroll in AP Physics 2 to ensure students have a complete physics experience
AP Physics 2 Spring Only, enrollment in AP Physics 1 in the fall is highly recommended
AP Physics C Fall Only, completion of AP Physics 2 is highly recommended
QUEST Research Courses
Check out https://teachers.sduhsd.net/ccquest for more information
Research Methods (PLEASE NOTE: THIS CLASS IS LISTED UNDER THE PRACTICAL ART SECTION WHEN SELECTING COURSES)
Last Updated: 05/17/2016