Canyon Crest Academy
Science Department Courses
Important information about Course Selection:
- Please read course descriptions and expectations carefully before selecting a course.
- Some courses fill up fast, be sure to get your registration paperwork in on time in order to get your classes. Adding courses even a few days late at the start of the quarter puts you very behind, so please select courses carefully.
- Select courses based on appropriate level, interest, future goals.
- Use the Math Assessment to determine if you have the math skills to be ready for chemistry
- Check out the Mastery Pages to help select level.
- Talk with your science teacher about suggestions.
- Make a 4 year plan - use the flow chart below to guide you
SCIENCE COURSE FLOW CHART
PLEASE PLAN CAREFULLY TO TAKE COURES IN SEQUENCE, ESPECIALLY AP COURSES!
For example: Taking Physics as a sophomore and then AP Physics B as a junior is not recommend, it is better to take them together the same year (fall college prep physics/spring AP physics B).
Science Course Planned Offerings 2012-2013
Earth and Space
Anatomy and Physiology Spring Only
AP Biology Fall Only
AP Environmental Science Spring Only
AP Chemistry Spring Only, enrollment in chemistry in the fall is required
AP Physics B Spring Only, enrollment in physics in the fall is highly recommended
AP Physics C Fall Only, completion of physics and AP Physics B is highly recommended
Quest Course Planned Offerings 2012-2013
Check out http://teachers.sduhsd.net/ccquest for more information
Research Methods (PLEASE NOTE: THIS CLASS IS LISTED UNDER THE PRACTICAL ART SECTION WHEN SELECTING COURSES)
Last Updated: 02/27/2013